Introduction Journal of Burns and Wounds Security Policy
The Journal of Burns and Wounds is committed to providing a secure and confidential environment for authors, reviewers, editors, and readers. This Security Policy outlines the measures and procedures in place to safeguard sensitive information related to burn management, wound care, and associated topics. We take the privacy and security of all stakeholders seriously and continuously work to ensure the integrity of our journal.
Data Collection and Handling
- Submission Process: Authors are required to submit their manuscripts through our secure online submission system. All personal and contact information is kept confidential and accessible only to the editorial team.
- Reviewer Confidentiality: Reviewers are carefully selected based on their expertise and must adhere to strict confidentiality guidelines. They are reminded not to disclose any details about the submitted manuscripts.
- Editorial Board: Members of the editorial board are subject to confidentiality agreements and are responsible for safeguarding all materials related to submissions.
- Access Control: Access to the Journal of Burns and Wounds’ systems and databases is restricted to authorized personnel only. Access to sensitive data is limited based on roles and responsibilities.
Data Security Measures
- Encryption: All data transmitted through our website, including submissions, reviews, and communications, is encrypted using industry-standard encryption protocols to protect against interception.
- Firewalls and Intrusion Detection: We employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to monitor and block unauthorized access attempts.
- Regular Security Audits: We conduct regular security audits to identify vulnerabilities and take necessary measures to mitigate risks.
- Author Data: Personal information of authors is retained for communication purposes and to track the publication history. Authors can request the removal of their data upon request.
- Reviewer Data: Reviewer information is kept confidential and is only used for the peer review process. It is retained for a limited period.
- Publication Data: Published articles are archived for academic and historical purposes. Access to archived data is controlled and maintained for the long-term.
Reporting Security Concerns
Authors, reviewers, and readers are encouraged to report any security concerns or breaches to our editorial team. We take all reports seriously and investigate them promptly.
Compliance with Regulations
We adhere to all applicable international data protection and privacy regulations, including GDPR and HIPAA, where applicable.
We continuously monitor and update our security measures to adapt to emerging threats and vulnerabilities.
The Journal of Burns and Wounds is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of data security and privacy. We are committed to providing a safe platform for the exchange of knowledge in the fields of burn management, wound care, and related subjects. This Security Policy reflects our dedication to safeguarding the trust and confidentiality of our stakeholders.
For any questions or concerns regarding security, please contact our editorial team at JournalofBurnsandWounds@dayrep.com